|The report makes 15 specific recommendations to Canadian and U.S. governments, including:
- Develop an inclusive, common database to determine the annual loading of all pollutants, including all persistent toxic substances to the Great Lakes .
- Develop and implement a bi-national pollution elimination and reduction strategy that builds upon, and significantly expands, the Bi-national Great Lakes Toxics Strategy.
- Reconfirm their commitment to the virtual elimination of persistent toxic substances and expand that goal to include carcinogens and endocrine disruptors.
- Commit to reaching the prescribed targets through pollution prevention measures which would include the application of green chemistry and materials substitution.
- Enhance and expand the U.S. TRI and the Canadian NPRI programs , including rejection of the proposal to collect TRI data every two years, and other burden reduction proposals
Download the full report [ English Version ] [ French Version ].
Download Appendix B: Methodology for Matched Data Set and Mapping Facilities in the Great Lakes Basin
Download Appendix C: Releases and Transfers from NPRI and TRI Matched Facilities in the Great Lakes Basin in 2002 and from 1998-2002.
You need Acrobat Reader to read this report. You can download the program for free from the Adobe web site.