- The units of measurement for data presented below are in Kilograms (kg), excluding hexachlorobenzene which is measured in grams (g) and dioxins/furans which are measured in grams (g) TEQ.
- Some increases or decreases may be the result of reporting changes.
- Core Chemicals are a common set of chemicals consistently reported to the NPRI during 1995-2005.
- Supplementary Chemicals are all chemicals reported excluding those chemicals listed as a core chemical.
- For more information about trend analysis, comparability, and an understanding of core chemicals, see How are time trends anayzed?
- Time trends analyses can be done for chemicals identified under the following health effects: Carcinogen, CEPA-toxic, Ozone Depleting Substances, Endocrine Toxicants, Reproductive/Developmental Toxicants and Respiratory Toxicants. To obtain more information on these chemical lists, see How are the health effects lists developed?
- Time trends for toxic pollutants reported to NPRI do not include criteria air contaminants (CACs), recycling or energy recovery, or greenhouse gas emissions